1. Cooking outdoors isn't a chore.
2. Grilled food taste better.
3. The fish you cook on the grill doesn't linger in the backyard for days.
4. You can hose spilled beer off the patio.
5. Holiday celebrations can be held at home.
Today's outdoor kitchens can be perfectly customized with a refrigerator, grill, storage compartment, sink, stereo system, television, bar, kegorator, stovetop-style burners, prep area, griddles, storage space, low counters, bar-height counters for guests, just about any amenity to increase the outdoor living experience.
The most amazing thing about building outdoor kitchens is the ability to customize everything, from countertop height to cabinet depth and accessories. Outdoor kitchen designs can be incorporated into any existing space. U-shaped, L-shaped, round, bar-style and island style are just a few design ideas that can be built.
An investment in an outdoor kitchen can range from approximately $3,000 to more than $30,000. This offers an opportunity for talented contractors to capitalize on this demand and carve a niche in this growing segment of home improvement.