Creating a backyard retreat is like adding additional rooms to a home. Outdoor kitchens, patios and for a peaceful setting, water features. Large or small, water features add serenity to a backyard. The tranquil sound of trickling water is a great way to unwind after a long day. Here are 7 reasons to consider adding a waterfall or pondless waterfall to backyard projects.
1. Adds aesthetic appeal. There's a magical aura to the site and sound of running water.
2. Low maintenance. It only takes a few minutes a week to maintain.
3. Focal point. A beautiful water feature attracts attention.
4. Relaxing. The sight and sound of trickling water helps to melt away daily stresses.
5. Doesn't take a lot of space. A pondless waterfall can be designed to work in just about any space.
6. Safety. Is safe for children and pets.
7. Less than a day to build. From design to build, a waterfall can be completed and running in less than a day.
Here's a video with examples of waterfalls: